Tiny Carving with Electric
1. Choose your tools. Electric uses the following…linen loop magnifier lens 6x, swivel x-acto blade (with a piece of pink stuff to stop the swivel, regular x-acto blade, #1 Steadler, #1 Speedball and a 18, 20, 22 and a 25 gauge needle. Not all are used on any particular carve, this is what he has in his toolbox. For the cooties and tiny words, he mainly uses the regular x-acto blade.
2. Transfer design to material of choice using method of choice. Today we will carve a cow.
4. The first thing that Electric does is carve a circle around the words that he is carving.
5. After he carves the circle, he moves to the inside of the words to start on the detail of the letters.
As you can see, he is using the very tip of the blade.
6. Continue this until you have moved all the way around the letter. While some people keep the blade in one spot and move the rubber, Electric keeps the rubber still and moves the blade. He will remove the blade to turn the rubber 90 or 180 degrees.
7. Follow this format for the rest of the design. Cut around cootie to remove from carving material when finished.